At Boyer Funeral Home we are committed to keeping our employees and you—the public—as safe as possible. Therefore, in light of COVID-19 numbers beginning to decline in Gaines County, we will once again have our offices OPEN DAILY during regular business hours, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
We honestly believe that the social distancing & masks have helped in preventing the spread of this virus. We hope you will continue good safety practices to stay healthy no matter where you are, and we look forward to the day when this virus is finally under control.
Our precautions will continue in the interest of safety, however slightly expanded:
1) MASKS will still be required to enter our building. Please BRING YOUR OWN MASK. If you do not have one, you will be issued only one (1) free one while our supply lasts; after that you will have to go purchase one before entry.
2) We would still like each visitor to sign the attendance log that includes your phone number. The phone numbers would only be utilized in the case of an exposure, at which time we would need to contact anyone who had been present. These logs are destroyed after three weeks.
3) The number of visitors present in the building has now been increased to ten (10) at a time to allow for social distancing.
The number of attendees at any funeral held within a building will be contingent upon the rules set by that particular building/church/venue. Boyer Funeral Home has no influence upon whatever rules are set; please respect the church or other venue rules and abide by them.
Due to the tremendous gains in positive Covid cases, both in Texas and Gaines County, Boyer Funeral Home will step back to keeping offices closed unless we have a service in-house. Our phone is always answered in person, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in case you have questions or need anything from us.
Thank you for your patience & understanding as we do everything in our power to keep our employees and the families we serve as safe as possible!
The following additional precautions will be taken when our building is open to the public:
1) MASKS ARE REQUIRED TO ENTER OUR BUILDING. PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ONE, YOU WILL BE ISSUED ONLY ONE (1) FREE MASK; AFTER THAT YOU WILL HAVE TO GO PURCHASE ONE TO USE BEFORE ENTRY.
2) EACH VISITOR MUST SIGN THE SIGN-IN LOG THAT INCLUDES YOUR PHONE NUMBER - WHICH WILL ONLY BE UTILIZED IN THE CASE OF AN EXPOSURE, AT WHICH TIME WE WILL NOTIFY YOU IF YOU WERE PRESENT.
3) NUMBER OF VISITORS PRESENT IN THE BUILDING WILL BE LIMITED TO FIVE (5) TOTAL, WITH SOCIAL DISTANCING REQUIRED.
The number of attendees at any funeral held within a building will be contingent upon the rules set by that particular building/church/venue.
Boyer Funeral Home has no influence upon whatever rules are set; please respect the church or other venue rules and abide by them.
Boyer Funeral Home continues our commitment to public and staff safety, even as the business community begins to open again. Therefore, through the end of May 2020 we will continue to have our offices open only when there is a family loss, visitation, etc. Our phones will still be answered 24 hours a day and you are still welcome to call us at any time if you have questions, need to make an appointment, or for any reason you need to talk to us or our staff.
The funeral home will be open for visitation, however we will continue to limit how many persons can be in the viewing room and/or in the building at any one time. If at any time we feel there are too many, we will ask for volunteers to exit.
Thorough sanitation methods are continuing, and staff will wear a mask and gloves whenever the public is present. Our doors will close earlier than normal to allow time for a full cleaning each day.
As churches and other venues begin to reopen, we are able to hold funeral services again. However, each location will set the limit on the number of attendees that is appropriate for their building. The funeral home has no ability to influence or change this number, and we ask that you respect the churches' and venues' requirements. We do suggest you wear a mask or other face covering while attending any funeral service at this time, and continue to practice social distancing in your seating.
In Gaines County there is no longer any restriction on the number of persons at a graveside service. However, masks and social distancing are still recommended and will be practiced by Boyer Funeral Home during any graveside service.
At Boyer Funeral Home we are committed to keeping our employees and you—the public—as safe as possible. Therefore, in light of
COVID-19 which is now present in Gaines County,
Boyer Funeral Home offices will be closed until this crisis is past,
EXCEPT FOR IN THE CASE OF THE LOSS OF A LOVED ONE.
Our phone will still be answered 24 hours a day,
7 days a week: 432-758-5440
You may call at any time if you have questions, need to make an appointment, or for any reason you need to talk to us or our staff.
You may also visit our website:
We trust you understand our reason for doing this. Please take all precautions for your own safety.
Dean & Candy Boyer
Owners, Boyer Funeral Home
March 18, 2020
At Boyer Funeral Home we recognize our responsibility to protect the health of those we are privileged to serve. We will continue to guide families, as we always have, in ways they can commemorate the life of their loved one in a meaningful way while adhering to the guidance issued by federal, state, and local officials.
Our staff remains vigilant about sanitizing our facility and ensuring we all follow recommended healthy habits. In this way we can continue to enable you, our families, to participate in services to honor our loved ones.
Please understand that area facilities such as churches and chapels may make the choice to no longer allow gatherings in their buildings, and holding a graveside service may eventually become the only choice. Boyer Funeral Home will have no control over this. It is not the case at this time, but we want you to be aware.
Effective immediately, the following protocol will be observed at
Boyer Funeral Home:
1) If you have a FEVER, do NOT enter our facility for any reason.
2) You are welcome to bring your own hand sanitizer and use it as frequently as you wish while at the funeral home, OR we will provide soap & water in our restrooms for you to wash your hands as often as you would like.
3) The kitchen area will be completely CLOSED to the public.
4) We ask that while in our facility, you eliminate handshakes, and please don’t be offended if we do not shake your hand.
5) We request that anyone in our funeral home practice SOCIAL DISTANCING as much as possible, which means separating yourself from another person by six (6) feet.
IF AT ANY TIME WE FEEL THERE ARE TOO MANY PEOPLE IN THE BUILDING OR IN A STATEROOM OR OFFICE, WE MAY ASK FOR VOLUNTEERS TO EXIT.
Boyer Funeral Home regularly receives directives from the CDC and other agencies about the evolution of this virus in the U.S. Therefore, these rules are apt to change and may be adjusted as the situation changes, if necessary. We thank you in advance for your cooperation during these difficult times.
Dean and Candy Boyer, Owners